Mon 26 Jul 2010
Lighting Cameraman | Camera-Director | Photographer
I have over 20 years experience in Studio and Location filming including Multi camera work, Studio, OB and PSC. I originally worked for the BBC in Bristol and since 1993 have been freelancing in the film and TV industry.
Click button to view my showreel
I am extremely creative, adaptable & versatile Cameraman with FCP editing experience and a dynamic out look on life. I have over 20 years of TV and Film experience, specialising in OB’s, News, popular factual documentary, long form observational series, prime-time formats / features, docu-dramas dramas, Educational and Corporate Promos.
2 min Promo of my Work.
2 min Promo of my Work. Lighting Cameraman-Operator-Polecam Op. from Andy Leonard on Vimeo.
- My areas of expertise ……….. (more…)
Thu 15 Jul 2010
Posted by Andy Leonard under Production
Panasonic has released its new mini camera or POV camera as they are calling it.
- First reports are very positive.
The combined unit is sold seperately, although the camera can only be used with the control record unit.
- It comes with a detachable 3metre or 20 metre cable.
- The camera connects to a stand alone CCU/Solid state recorder which can record I/P to 24MB/s using the AVC HD codec
- The control unit will also output HD SDI video which could be fed to your Vision mixer if your in Studio or on an OB.
- Alternatively you can feed the output to another solid state device to record at a higher bit rate ie flash nano, Flash XDR or AKA Ki pro etc.
(This would be on the SDI out)
And here is a link for the recorder
More updates and pix on this, as I get them Including some on-line footage available on line very soon.
Wed 28 Oct 2009
Lighting Cameraman and Polecam Op for Weapons Masters. JWM/Discovery USA
I worked on 2nd unit on Dr Who on both series 1 and 2 of the new look Drama, using my own polecam rig, as the monsters POV. (more…)
Wed 28 Oct 2009
There are now a number of Steadicam’s and Steadicam clones out there following the release of Garrett Browns original patent on his design for the steadicam Mk1. This grip gear which was orginally used on ‘The Shinning’, is now used on countless productions, from feature films and TV to Corporate Promo .
Andy At Wembly for the FA Cup.
The important thing to remember about steadicam is that it is just another piece of grip equipment and not always the best replacement for the good old track and dolly.